There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

Issue 2

86 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Nov 2011

Wow! We're really hiking along, aren't we?!? I just finished my article, too.

@Leo/Luna: Can you both "look it over" and make sure your ok with it? Thanks!!!

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
Iscritto: 15 Dic 2010

Nev'yn wrote:

Wow! We're really hiking along, aren't we?!? I just finished my article, too.

@Leo/Luna: Can you both "look it over" and make sure your ok with it? Thanks!!!

Checked it over for simple spelling and grammar stuff, plus I added a link to Cal's Heritage Night page.  Luna, feel free to take a peek at it when you get a chance. :)

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara
Magazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 24 Apr 2010

One question concerning the shards, just to make sure I got it right:

DI: an installation of the offline Version (Until URU / Complete Chronicles) is recommended
TOC: Installation of an offline Version or the online Version - both works
Minkata: Installation of the online Version is recommended

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 19 Giu 2008

Uhm, well:

DI: this shard works with the old ALCUGS server, it is "pre-open source" era, so it needs Uru:Complete Chronicles to work. CWE won't work with it.

TOC: TOC has two servers as far as I know. One is an ALCUGS server and to access it you'll need Uru:CC; the other one is MOSS, so it works with CWE

Minkata: it is a MOSS shard, almost a mirror of MOULa so it works with CWE

Rhee
Iscritto: 14 Ott 2011

holy mackerel i better get drawing lol... ya'll are going to have the magazine finished and i'll still be sharpening my pencil for the rough draft ;)

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

I can only agree with Ree - just a blink and the articles are there - just wow!

I´ve uploaded the Shards for you to have a look at. I think I´ll do that with all others as well, one after the other.

@ Nev:

are all the pics for wildlife so small (just the size of the thumbnails)? If yes - they should be a bit bigger , would be better.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

I just talked with Larry. He intentionally made them the size of thumbnails. How much larger do you want/need them to be? He's hoping to keep each "group" with the associated Age in the article. (He was worried about text size versus number of pictures, and also wanted to keep the pics "inline".) This is the reason why he kept them so small. Any guidance how you want the pictures to "highlight" them and improve the article so I can pass it along, would be most welcome.  

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

Generally text size and image sizes should be left to Polgara, because you don't know which font size she uses for making the Document, so things could need to be moved around. Also it is best because she can apply the style and layout she prefers adjusting everything "on the fly" as she needs

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

That's great, Leo. Thanks for the info...Umm, just be clear...What size should I ask for the pictures be again?!?

Max
Ritratto di Max
Messenger
Iscritto: 28 Gen 2012

Hello Guys .. I've just registered to the Forum to write this. My first Posting here ever ..
But hopefully not last .. So be nice, huh? [btw. Max is a.k.a. NoorMax in MO:ULa]

OK. I might have something for the Cavern Post Issue #2 [if it's not in the print already?]
It would be a Cross-Word, approximate size is a Page or two at most. One page would
be with the crossword and attached pictures to it, the second [half page] with some of
the needed keywords. 

I'd still need to do some picture editing for it to get it finished. You guys interested?
If so, please e-mail me at -- snoormax@guildofsleepers.org -- and inform on what
fileformat, size, dpi. and all that both pix & txt needs to be.

/ Max /

Leonardo
Ritratto di Leonardo

Hello Max!

oh I think that yes we are very interested in your crossword, I'll let Luna know and email you :D

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes

@Polgara: The shards article looks fantastic!  Excellent job putting all that together. :)

@Max: Good to see you here! Welcome!

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

@Pol: I agree with Doobes, it really does look awesome!!!

@Max: Thanks for doing this! I wanted to create some kind of puzzle, but I'm simply too busy at the moment. You creating one is most appreciated!!!

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

Nev'yn wrote:

...He's hoping to keep each "group" with the associated Age in the article. (He was worried about text size versus number of pictures, and also wanted to keep the pics "inline".) This is the reason why he kept them so small....

It´s not good to keep pictures that small. You can always reduce them in size but never enlarge them - not without losing quality. So as big as possible is always the best way, especially with screenshots. I´ve uploaded the wildlife for you to send it to Larry. He can have a look through and select which photos he want to have in a better quality. In that size there they should have 100 DPI minimum - but more is always better.
But I know I´m preloaded by my profession, so if he says "I´m ok with it!" - it´s ok as well.

@Max: your Cross-Word is really welcome, so for you it would be the same: the format is A4 and the size of a cross word should be at least 150 Dpi I think - finally you have to be able to read text without problems. But - did I already mention it? - the bigger the better.

@Doobes: Thanks - glad you like it.

AgeExplorer
Ritratto di AgeExplorer
Cavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 9 Feb 2011

Nice work on the article everyone.

@Max: Nice to see new contributions to the magazine.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

@Pol: Larry just sent me another revision of his article. I have cut/pasted into the place holder. He also sent along slightly larger pictures. I still have to go back and rename them to their corrosponding Ages. I will do this tonight when I submit the pictures for my article. (Larry is requesting you contact him directly, which I have sent you a PM about with his email address.) This is so you can request any beter pics you may need, discuss the layout, ect. He's also requesting we keep the link to his thread on the MOULa forums in the article.  Let me know if you have any questions or I can be of assistance to you.

EDIT: The photos for my article have been uploaded to the Photobucket Account. I created a folder named "WHI Jan2012". I also deleted/reloaded Larry's pictures to the appropriate folder. Just an FYI.  

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

I uploaded the comic. I have already noticed some spelling mistakes, but there may be more things that need changing.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Sorrry, just looking for clarification:

Was the "there may be more things that need changing" for the group, or someone in particular? Wasn't sure, the statement came across as kinda' vague. 

Lunanne
Ritratto di Lunanne
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
Iscritto: 17 Gen 2010

I'm sorry it was vague, I was asking people here in general whether they had comments on size/content/etc of the comic :P

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

LOL - Fantastic - now I know where it comes from!
I wouldn´t change anything except the typo.
But please a higher resolution.

Rhee
Iscritto: 14 Ott 2011

The typo has been fixed, along with one or two other little things that i wanted to improve myself, and i got a copy of the comic to Luna... i just made it in Paint so i don't think i can really increase the resolution in any way other than simply enlarging it, and then i'd have to go back through and tighten everything up again... I'll give it a shot but i'm not sure that i'll have enough time to really do a good job of it.  If its okay for this round, I'll just be sure to start with a larger pixel density next time. 

That being said, the new copy i sent to Luna i just uploaded to my own photobucket account and gave her a link... i will send my .bmp version to the email address too, as the .bmp might be of better quality to begin with.

Glad it helped solve some of the mysteries of life ;)

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes

With the recent announcement of the new shard "Gehn", I am going to start work on adding that to the article.  I'll have it finished soon!

@Pol: Sorry, but this means the wonderful version you made is now out of date.  The new shard just came up today.  Sorry. :P

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Do we need to get any of the TOC? I created a GoMe avatar over there...Just in case it ever needs to be "called into" service.

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes

The article is once again complete!  I'll need to get a shot of Vothol Gallery for the Gehn shard, as that's one of its unique features.  Plus, it's great looking too. :D

EDIT: Pictures of Vothol Gallery uploaded along with the others.

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

Doobes wrote:

@Pol: Sorry, but this means the wonderful version you made is now out of date.  The new shard just came up today.  Sorry. :P

Well - life of an assembler - deep sigh... 

;)

Max
Ritratto di Max
Messenger
Iscritto: 28 Gen 2012

So .. My Crosswords pix & files has been sent to the Magz Editors .. And I'm a bit thrilled to see how
it all looks in the *print*. This is actually a bit of recycling, as the Crossword was intended originally
for a GoSleeper competition. That never happened ...

But incase this is well recieved, by readers and edit. alike, I'd be happy to do a completely new one
for the next issue of the Cavern Post ... As I like to play with this kind of stuff.

/ Max /

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

Shards-Article is uploaded again as well as What happened in January -
Sorry Nev for the delay.

Edit: Wildlife new as well - and deleted again, wrong pictures and text

Crossword online.

Nev'yn
Ritratto di Nev'yn

Oh, and I thought the new wildlife revision looked great! Ah, well!!! Anys, I think Leo & Luna should double your salary! Lol!!!

Polgara
Ritratto di Polgara

OK - after such a stupid thoughtlessness with the Wildlive article I´ve now uploaded the magazine as a whole.
Please have a closer look through it and then it should be finfished I would say.

Doobes
Ritratto di Doobes

I've read through the whole thing.  There's only a few minor corrections to make (see my comment on the "Layout" page in the Book) and then I think it's ready! :)